Scoilnet has a number of home usage supports for teachers and students to benefit from. All of the supports below are FREE and do not require registration or sign-in.
These tools include:
- Scoilnet Website – Students and teachers can access over 20,000 resources shared by Primary and Post-Primary teachers anytime, anywhere. Search materials by class/year group, subject, strand, and learning outcomes.
- World Book Online – All students in the Republic of Ireland have open and free home access to World Book Online. World Book is a trusted encyclopedia containing thousands of informational articles with stunning illustrations, videos, interactive maps, research help, and activities.
NEW! World Book Online has created a guide to distance learning resources on World Book Online for parents and educators.
- Scoilnet Dedicated Subject Pages – The Scoilnet Team are working hard to bring teachers and students dedicated Post-Primary subject pages where they will find teacher-shared collections, collections by organisations, and what’s in demand or popular on Scoilnet right now for their subject area.
Choose from: Maths, Science, Irish, English, History, Modern Foreign Languages, Geography, Politics and Society.
- Scoilnet Themepages – Primary school teachers and students can access subject-based themed pages. Each themepage presents a set of links and resources on a particular topic.
- Scoilnet Learning Paths – A Learning Path is a feature on Scoilnet that enables teachers to select and organise resources from the Scoilnet site into a sequence or collection and quickly share it with their peers or pupils.
- Scoilnet Threads – Assign an oral History project and watch as your students submit their projects online through the Threads online space.
- CensusAtSchool – Get your class to participate in the CensusAtSchool national online questionnaire. The class data is then collated and made available to class teachers, so that students can see the real-life relevance of statistics.
- News Article – Scoilnet has reached out online to teachers and organisations to share their support and resources with one another. Scoilnet would like to highlight a number of these supports or teacher recommendations through this online space.
- Tools to Support Digital Assessment -Some sample online digital tools that teachers and students could use to assess student’s process.
- ePortfolios – A quick overview on a sample of some platforms for e-learning.