The Teresian Secondary School Parents’ Council
|6th Year||Rosanna Borza (Chairperson)|
|5th Year||Brian Horgan|
|Jean McPhillips (Treasurer)|
|TY||Niav Garavan (O’Farrell)|
|Juliet Roche (Duffy)|
|3rd Year||Jane Maloney|
|2nd Year||Amanda Collins (secretary)|
|1st Year||Jessica McCormack|
The Secondary School Parents’ Council is a forum in which parents and guardians may express their opinions; and assist in various school events such as the Open Evening, organisation of the Careers Evening and Mock Interviews for the Senior Year students, coordination of fund-raising events to improve the school and sports facilities, and liaison with the Principal and Board of Management.
Parents and guardians of children who attend The Teresian School are represented on the Secondary School Parents’ Council by volunteer parents from each year group, as per the list below. The Chairperson and Secretary are usually the 6th year parent representatives. The Council meets around six times a year on a Monday evening at 6.30 pm, and dates are listed in the School Calendar. The Principal and a representative from the teaching staff also sit on this Council. The AGM takes place in May each year.
Parents are reminded that the Parents Council is your Council. If you are interesting in joining the Council for next year or available to assist the Council during the year please contact us on email@example.com or through any of your class representatives listed above.
To respect and foster the ethos of the The Teresian School, which emphasises education and personal development, grounded in Christian faith and values, in a spirit of tolerance and inclusiveness, exemplified in the school motto “Joy, Fortitude and Love”.
Aims and Objectives
- To embrace and nurture the ethos of the Teresian School;
- To assist the Board of Management to provide the best all-round education to the students;
- To act as a communication link between parents and the Board of Management so that, together, students, teachers and parents work as an education community.
- To regularly inform and update parents on agreed work of the committee
- To organise a coffee morning and social dinner for their year group
- To be aware of and committed to the general school aims for each year, contributing in any way possible to enhance their fulfilment;
- To liaise and work with the Board of Management and the Finance Committee (? & Sports Committee?) with a view to being informed and assisting in relation to the work of these committees;
- To support the management and the teachers of the school in any situation where help is required in dealing with bodies outside the School.
- To provide a forum for parents to meet and discuss the educational and pastoral issues and also to come together for social events, and, in particular, aiming to hold at least one social evening each year to facilitate social interaction and networking among the parents;
- To become involved in the organisation and running of extra-curricular activities and to encourage parent participation in sporting and other school activities, such as the Careers Evening, 6th Year Mock Interviews, Musical production, Teresian Solidarity Day, Summer Fair, School Year Book, etc.
Senior School Parents’ Council AGM
The Senior School Parents’ Council invites all parents and guardians to the Council’s Annual General Meeting every year. This usually takes place in May.
We particularly urge any parent who would like to be more involved with the Parents’ Council and its work to come along.