Active School Week was a hugely popular week with the students. We kicked off the week on Sunday 22nd April with a Run to Peru; a 5K Family Fun run which was organised by our Business teacher, Micheline Gilsenan, and the TY students. This was a huge success and will definitely appear on the calendar next year. The money raised is going to our projects in Peru. On Monday we held a whole school assembly with a surprise flash mob! It was great to have every student in the Senior School performing the same dance, it was not an easy task, but they pulled it off and the staff had no idea what was happening. Well done to the Junior School dance teacher, Megan Doherty, who worked hard the week previous to put it all together.
Throughout the week, the following events took place:
- TY students ran an activity with Preschool, Kinder A & Kinder B
- 5th Years ran an activity with Class 1, 2 & 3
- 6th Years ran an activity with Class 4, 5 & 6
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Years went rock climbing in UCD
- 5th & 6th Years had a talk from Megan Williams (Irish Rugby Women’s National Player / Move Energise Glow)
- Athás, Misneach, Grá competed in a competition to see who could cycle the furthest (thanks to McSports for lending us 3 spin bikes for the day)
- Staff v 6th Year Dodgeball match (ended in a draw!)
It was a fabulous week, but we now have to work out how to make ASW 2019 even better!!!